KING'S COLLEGE SCHOOL
Founded in 1829, King’s College School moved to its Wimbledon site in 1897 and is one of the most successful independent schools in London, currently educating 1,285 pupils. As the first phase of implementation of the School’s site wide Development Masterplan, this scheme provides six new classrooms, administration and meeting space in addition to a double height, multi-use hall. Its T-shaped plan form encloses a new courtyard garden, completing a series of three collegiate quadrangles which characterise the western range of school buildings and create intimate external spaces in support of the larger open play spaces.
Through a combination of exemplary air tightness, controlled natural ventilation, enhanced U-values and the use of photovoltaic panels, the scheme will achieve an exemplary energy performance.
Paul Appleton, Laurie Hallows, Andrew Nevin, Nick Weston, Alex Wraight
Kings College School
Fluid Structural Engineers and Technical Designers
Thornton Reynolds Ltd